Wednesday, October 29, 2008

VFN is in Paris

Okay, so VFN will only be in Paris for six hours, but it still counts. Well, maybe not since I'll be in the airport the whole time... (Note to readers: I have been to Paris before. Just not for six years.)

Anyway, I'm on my way to Morocco for my Fulbright Teaching Exchange! I'm excited, nervous, exhausted, and all sorts of emotions all jumbled into one.

Now is a good time to announce my Morocco blog:

http://angieinmorocco.blogspot.com

I created a separate blog for my Morocco adventures so that my students could follow along without being overwhelmed by the intelligence and profoundness that is VFN.

I won't be updating VFN while I'm in North Africa. Steve was offered a position as interim editor of VFN, but he declined. I will return after December 14th, so DON'T ABANDON ME. Please.




P.S. Lest you worry that my Moroccan experience will keep me from exercising my right to voice my opinion in the future of America, I offer the following proof that I voted:





Hey State of Alaska! Thanks for sending my absentee ballot in time! (You'll notice I took the picture before I filled in the bubbles. That was on purpose. I didn't want to offend any friends and/or family members who may have different political philosophies than me. VFN needs all the readers it can get. It doesn't have the luxury of pontificating opinions with reckless abandon.)

4 comments:

Breezi@ Not Your Average Fairytale said...

good luck on your journey! I'll be watching your Angie in morocco blog!

Coleen and Todd Staples said...

Oh my gosh, you did it!!! congrats! I am so excited for you. I know you are back by now, but I had to chime in! I know you were talking about this a couple of years ago. What an adventure.

Breezi@ Not Your Average Fairytale said...

Dude... You fell off the face of the earth! I miss reading your VFN/Morocco blogs. :)

JEM said...

Angie??? (Lonely echo) Where are you? I miss you.