Sunday, September 4, 2011

Pro: Late Sunrises

Anyone who knows me well knows that I don't do mornings. I am super crabby need some time to wake up and adjust to a new day before I talk to anybody or do anything. As such, the number of sunrises I've witnessed in my lifetime is very small.

Until I moved to Alaska. Daylight is coming later and later everyday, putting a sunrise within the realm of possibility.

I popped out of bed at 7:15am on Saturday (that doesn't sound impressive, but it's a good four hours earlier than normal on a Saturday) for no apparent reason. When I looked out the window, the sky was lit up in pink and purple. It was so gorgeous that I woke Steve up to share it with me (Irritatingly, Steve is a morning person. That is why waking him up was a good idea. If the situation were reversed, waking me up would be hazardous to Steve's well-being).

Steve watched the baby while I went outside to pursue the sunrise with my camera. That's when I got this:

DSC_0013

No photoshop. No color enhancement. No nothing. Just plain beauty.



DSC_0027

When I turned around, I saw a rainbow. Best. Morning. Ever.


1 comment:

Missy said...

Wow, beautiful. Good luck taking on the upcoming winter!